The easiest way to solve the Tibet visa or Tibet travel Permits problem is to find a legal and local travel agency in Tibet. Tibet Local Guide Travel Service (officially registered name: Tibet Norpel Ling Travel Service), has over one decade permits application experiences up to now.

We can assure you and assist you in applying for all necessary Tibet travel permits only if you book a tour with us. No travel agency can provide “permit-only” service. Here is a note from Lonely Planet: “Lhasa PSB (Public Security Bureau) and TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) will not issue travel permits to individuals and will direct you to a travel agency. Agencies can arrange a travel permit to almost anywhere but only if you book a vehicle, driver and a guide.”

Q: Are you Lhasa Based Travel Agency? Do you arrange Local Tibetan Tour Guide?
A: Yes, of course. We are based in Lhasa and we only arrange Tibetan tour guides and Tibetan Drivers and Tibetan Run Accommodations. We have a team of Tibet Native Tour Operators.

Q: How soon can you apply a Tibet Travel Permit for my entry to Tibet? How soon can I expect the Permits to arrive in our address in China?

A: As local Tibet Travel Agency in Lhasa, we can apply your Tibet Entry Permits in 5-10 working days’ time (we can only submit the Permits in the Tibet Tourism Bureau about 2-3 weeks in advance which means you need to confirm your tour at least 2-3 weeks in advance to avoid any urgent handling process), according to the policy, the authority only begin to issue the permits 2-3 weeks at most before tourists arrival in Tibet) and it takes 3-5 days for sending the permits to your address in China. If your tour covers Kailash and Lake Manasarovar, more permits will be needed, so that we will have to apply permits 20-30 days before your arrival date.

Q: If I take urgent booking from your company (eg.7-11 days in advance), are you able to deal the permits and air tickets? 

A: Yes we can, but as said above, there is urgent delivery service charge for permits (from CNY 280 to CNY 480 just for permits delivery), and according to the operation experience, the air ticketing is not always very busy, so we can help you with the air ticketing. But air ticketing situation is subject to change in the peak tour season, we suggest our clients confirm the air ticketing normally 2-5 months in advance.

Q: Are there any other permits we have to take for our Travel in Tibet? 

A: For Tibet trip with Lhasa, Shigatse, Namtso, Gyantse, Yamdrok Tso, Tibet Entry permit is enough, but for other itinerary with Mt.Everest, Tsetang, Nyingchi, Chamdo, Mt. Kailash, etc., more permits are involved, for more details, please follow this link.

Q: Is Tibet entry permit free of charge? 

A: Yes it is free of charge. The GOV issue the permits with a stamp on permits telling that it is free of charge and no commission fee involved, but every agency needs to arrange office staff to work out many papers (name list, itinerary, signatures, stamping, specified format files for passports data pages, China visa pages, tour guide licenses, Driver licenses, etc.) and it is time-consuming work, sometimes it is terrible since the Tourism Bureau delays to issue the permits out due to meetings, or festivals, or this clerk not on duty, that one not on duty), after the permits out, agency has to send the permits to the Tourists departure city in China for Lhasa. So, there is actually some service charge involved in your tour package.

Q: Can I buy the Tibet travel permits from you only and travel by myself in Tibet? 

A: No, never and ever.

Q: With this Tibet Travel Permit, where can I go in Tibet?

A: Tibet Travel Permit (or TTB) only endorses you to enter Tibet, to stay in Lhasa area and two other major towns of Tibet like Gyantse and Shigatse. If you are planning to travel beyond and further, you will be asked for PSB Permit (eg. ATP, Alien’s Travel Permit) which we will apply for you.

Q: How can you send the Permit to me, or how can I receive it? 

A: If your last stop before entering Tibet is in China mainland, we can mail express the travel permit to the place you will be staying, e.g. your home address, postal code if you work and live in China, or the hotel name, address, postal code if you travel in China that time. You will be receiving an EMS (Express Mail Service) envelope enclosed with the permit. But if you only have a flight connection in one certain city, we have to arrange the permits delivery person to the airport to pass you the permit (we will reconfirm to you with the person’s name and mobile phone number)

Q: How can I make a tour itinerary?

A: You can choose the pre-made Tibet tour itinerary from our website and send your requirement to us. We will have our travel adviser help you with the further discussion. You can also pop up your own itinerary but have to consult our adviser to see if your proposition is feasible and doable.

Q: What methods of payment do you accept?

A: We accept major 4 ways of payment:
1). Bank telex wire transfer [we will send you our company bank account info via email];
2). Western Union Agent wire transfer
3). PayPal
4). Cash

Q: How can I pay the balance?

A: You can pay the balance by cash upon your arrival in Lhasa, in your hotel lobby or to our office in Lhasa (our travel adviser would love to meet you face to face)

Q: Does the hotel room have access to internet?

A: Some hotel rooms, not all, in Lhasa have access to internet, so you should inquiry your travel adviser for accurate information before making decision. But some hotel has business center where you can use internet service.

Read more about Tibet Travel Permits FAQs

[ultimate-faqs include_category= “tibet-travel-permits-visa-faqs”]