Tibet Local Guide Tours Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes. You are advised to check on this page or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions on your tour contract from our travel consultant. These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and TibetlocalGuide.com.
Tibet Tours Booking Process, Terms and Conditions
After receiving your inquiry or online purchase, we will email you tour itinerary with all detailed and clear service items as well as price with full understanding of your requirements (we might have more questions). When it finally meets your satisfaction, it’s time for you to book the Tibet tour with us officially. Here are the easy steps to book a tour with Tibet Local Guide Travel Service platform (www.tibetlcoalguide.com):
1) Tour Pre-Confirmation
Once you book any of our tours online and proceed the online payment successfully, we will send you the tour confirmation letter; if you book a customized private trip from us and pay via bank transfer or online payment, we will also send you the tour pre-confirmation letter.
2) Payment to secure your official booking
A deposit or full payment (it depends on different tour) is required by Tibet Local Guide Travel Service to confirm your booking, with limited exceptions noted below.
Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit or full payment is received by us. We are not responsible for cancellations of land and/or air reservations if the deposit is not received by the due date. On certain departures, full payment may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Payment indicates that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
You will receive an email pre-sale confirmation from your tour consultant once we receive your payment. If your contract appears to be incorrect or incomplete, please inform us, as it may not be possible to make changes later. We do not accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the contract. In the case of billing errors, we reserve the right to re-invoice you with correct quotations.
Balance payment is due 7 days prior to the commencement of services, or can be paid in cash upon your first arrival date in Lhasa. If the balance is not received by the due date, your reservation will be cancelled and your full deposit cannot be refunded.
- For group tour (fixed departure tour) booking, full payment is needed upon booking online, and you can use your country’s local gateway payment or credit card payment if applicable;
- However, to book your Private Tibet tour (customized tour only for you or your private party) more than 40 days prior to your arrival date, a ground tour section deposit of $200-1500 per person (different tour may have different advance payment fee schedule), plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
- To book your Tibet tour within 60-25 days prior to your arrival in Lhasa, 40% of the total ground tour costs, plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
- To book your Tibet tour within 24-15 days prior to your arrival in Lhasa, 60-80% of the total ground tour costs, plus full airfare and/or train fare if applicable, is required to secure your reservation. The balance will be paid upon your arrival in Lhasa before the start of your services.
- We do not accept urgent bookings within 15 days of the departure date due to the Tibet travel permits application.
3) Tibet Travel Payment Methods by TibetLocalGuide.com
- Recommended Method 1: Our online payment: We have done lots of work to make Tibet tour booking online payment available and it is fast, easy and worry free payment. You can use your local country’s gateway payment solution or the credit card payment. Just choose one of your ideal tour and click the Book & Pay Now button to proceed the online booking and finish the online booking. Once online booking payment submitted, we will get instant notice from our banking system and we will email you tour pre-confirmation letter in 1-2 business days.
- Recommended Method 2: Western Union agent wire transfer Follow the Western Union payment instructions given in the confirmation letter by your tour consultant and make the payment to us. You will find your local Western Union agent and fill in the money order to us. Send us the info of tracking code (MTCN), sender’s first and last name and the attachment of the photo copy of the money transfer by email. We will usually receive the payment within minutes of your transfer. You will be responsible for any transaction fees incurred in the process. To know more about Western Union and how to use it, please refer to their website here.
- Recommended Method 3: Wire Transfer (Postal Savings Bank of China) Follow the wire transfer instructions given in the confirmation letter by your tour consultant and make the payment to us. You will be responsible for any transaction fees incurred in the process. Please send us the receipt of your wire transfer by email attachment or fax. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +86-891-6579796) We will usually receive your deposit within 2-3 working days.
- Recommended Method 4: WeChat or Alipay: If you are located in China, WeChat or Alipay is a viable payment method as well. Simply inquire our WeChat or Alipay account and add us and then make the transfer.
Other Methods: We accept travelers checks or cash for your full balance upon your arrival in Lhasa. You are to sign your travelers checks with your own passports at Bank of China, Tibet Branch. The bank will cash out and exchange your currency to CNY (Chinese Yuan, or RMB) and save to our account.
4) Tibet Travel Documents Application Requirements:
To process your Tibet tour permits and other ground tour service arrangement, we also need some information of every member:
- Full name (first & last name);
- Date of birth;
- Passport number
- Passports photo copy (upon booking) and/or China visa photo copies (at least 15 working days before arrival date)
- Occupation; if you do not hold “L” category China visa (tourist visa) for entry from China to Tibet, additional supportive docs will be needed. Your travel consultant will email you the details.
please note that: You need to provide all exactly the same info as on your passport. The reason you need to tell us your occupation is journalists and people that could be involved in political matters could be revoked (they need more complicated procedure to get a different permit). Please fax or email clear photo copies of each member’s passport (data page upon booking) and China visa copies at least 15 days prior to arrival date) to us:
Fax: 86-891-6579796, Mobile: Mr. Tony (8618080158435 for support contact)
5) Tour Alteration for Customized Private Tour
- Group tour with fixed departure dates are not adjustable, since any tour alteration may infect the whole group members’ confirmed schedule and travel itinerary. So alternation is mostly only for Customized private tours.
- Any alterations to your itinerary are processed free before the confirmation of your booking. If you wish to change the details after you confirm the tour, you must inform our staff at least 15 working days before your departure date. We cannot guarantee your requests if you make changes within 15 workings days before the start of your services. We do not accept responsibility for any extra charge or loss incurred due to such sudden changes.
- If a change to the confirmed itinerary or service standard is caused by unforeseeable forces or factors beyond the control of our agency, such as policies from local tourism bureau or transport bureau forces, incremental weather, strikes, airlines/train companies issues, major natural disasters (earthquakes, snow slides or landslides, etc), epidemic breakout, political upheavals, etc., extra cost thus caused shall be covered by the traveler himself.
- If a traveler has to leave his tour group because of personal accident, injury, or serious illness or family issues, a refund of not yet incurred tour entrance tickets fee and unused accommodation fee shall be refunded to the traveler. No refund will be processed if any traveler leaves on other personal reasons. No additional refund will be processed for any cost included in the tour package because we have to bear costly charges from our tour/vehicle companies, guide companies and hotel providers for confirmed bookings. In case of cancellation you must write us a formal cancellation request. So, that we may proceed with your request and update you with the charges applied for cancellation (details as below on #6).
6) Cancellation & Refund
- You may cancel your tour after confirmation. However, you may have to pay cancellation charges depending on the conditions of your cancellation. When you cancel a tour, you will be notified via email or telephone for the total cancellation fees, if applicable.
- Non-refundable items: Incurred attraction tickets, theater, show, coupon ticket or scheduled home visit, home meal, flight tickets, train tickets, vehicle cost, visa, Tibet travel permit, and other non-refundable services by third parties.
- Refundable items: other tour products & services not specified above
Cancellation fee schedule details:
- If you cancel more than 30 days before tour start date, a cancellation fee of USD$100 per person will be charged.
- If you cancel between 30 to 15 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 20% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel between 15 to 7 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 40% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel within less than 7 days prior to tour start date, a cancellation fee of 60% of the total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel on or after tour start date, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
- If the cancellation percentage fee against total cost is less than 100$ p.p, we will charge 100$ p.p as minimum cancellation cost.
Due to uncertainty of political, climatic and geographical situation of Tibet (e.g, possible earthquake alert which results in attraction closure), tour cancellations might be in neither Tibet Local Guide Service’s nor traveler’s control. Under such special circumstances, there are two options to resolve the situation.
- Irrespective of cancellation reason, cancellation charges will be applied as we have to bear costly charges from our tour and hotel providers for confirmed bookings. In case of cancellation you must write us a formal cancellation request. So, that we may proceed with your request and update you with the charges applied for cancellation. Tibet Local Guide Travel Service hold the right to cancel any booking at any time depending on the circumstances. In this case, TibetlocalGuide.com is bound to refund you within 25 business days. We are not responsible for any cancellation penalties that may have been incurred on any other travel arrangements inclusive of separate purchase of air tickets. We are not liable for any other travel arrangements that have been affected as a result of the cancellations. Once the cancellation is confirmed by both sides, we will need your bank account information and Tibet Local Guide Travel Service will refund the related amount to you within 25 working days. Please be informed that bank transfer costs will be counted on your side.
- If you still want to continue an optional tour or additional program after arrival in Tibet, then we will discuss and design a similar tour that meets your requirements in another opened area for Plan “B”. Tibetan areas which in Qinghai and Sichuan provinces in mainland China have slightly different political and climatic situations, but are equally interesting, with rich Tibetan culture and amazing natural scenery, so we can design a similar tour in those areas, but you are responsible to pay cost differences occurred by such changes.
7) Official Tour Reconfirmation Letter (1 week to 3 weeks before your arrival date in Tibet)
Once your deposit and/or full tour payment (tour payment schedule varies case to case) is processed, we will make all the ground tour reservations and tour permits application work, since our agent and tour operators are Lhasa based, we will arrange every service item according to the local authorities processing schedule. For arrangement on ground transports, travel permits, guide and ticketing, etc, this may take longer time because local authority offices have their own working schedules, this is especially true in China. So we will only be able to send you an official final re-confirmation letter when all the bookings are secured. And this is normally around 1-3 weeks before your arrival date. At this time all you need is to be ready for packing for trip to Tibet!
8) Tibet Travel Insurance & Documentation
Please make sure to purchase your international standard of travel insurance coverage before you leave your country for Tibet. You have to obtain your China Visa before your trip to China. (Please be aware that enter Tibet from Nepal by land or air, we will need to apply China visa for you when in Nepal, in this case you will need 3 working days in Kathmandu to get the papers from us).
9) About Emergent Case
Tourism maybe infected by some uncontrolled situation such as natural disasters, local tourism authority’s governmental policy urgent change, or wars, riots, etc. We will immediately contact our customers traveling with us, to find out about their health and safety. You and/or your family/relatives can keep in touch with us instantly to know about you timely situation. We will then do our best to get our customers out of the affected area as soon as possible. If any customer or tour group is stranded in an area, our tour guides will stay with them until they are able to escort them out of the affected area. If a disaster occurs in Tibet, all of our customers who are scheduled to visit the affected area will have their itineraries changed. We can offer many suggestions of other destinations that can be visited, of course with our customer’s approval. We will do everything in our power to ensure that each and every one of our customer’s tours is uninterrupted.
Should you have any questions, please email to email@example.com (with subject as Terms & Conditions). On behalf of our tourism agency (online trading brand: Tibet Local Guide Travel Service, “Tibet Local Guide” as listed on TripAdvisor), our company website owner issued the terms and condition as above, owner’s name: WANG SHI CHAO, Address: Room 705, Unit 1 Block 3, No.599 Jinliang Road, Xipu Town, Pixian, Chengdu, Sichuan, China; contact phone number: 0086 18080158435.